Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Long Day

In Jordan's eyes', it was probably a good day, but I am worn out. Picture it, 7:30 this morning. I let Jordan know that we were going to clean the kitchen and sweep and mop the floors today. He started out so helpful. While I swept he was responsible for the dustpan. He did loose his temper a little, because he would slowly lose his pile of dirt en route to the garbage, and there was no dirt to dump into the trash. He was trying so much to get all of the dirt into the garbage, but he was struggling, so he threw the dustpan on the floor and started yelling at the garbage can. Not sure what he was saying, but I was sure he put in a few bad words in there to express to the garbage can his frustration. At this point, I moved the garbage can right by where ever the pile was and helped him get all of the dirt in...he was much happier about that too.

Then it was time for him to have breakfast. He didn't want anything I gave him, but he finally settled for a bowl of fruit loops, minus the milk, he just wanted to eat them like a snack. Since there was no milk, I let him eat it in the tv room, where he could munch and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He ate half of the fruit loops and then dumped the rest on the floor and danced them into the rug while doing the Hot Dog dance with Mickey Mouse and the gang. I was not too happy about that, but we can vacuum that up.

Thirty minutes have passed at this point, and Jordan grabbed my hand to show me what he wanted. He went for the maple syrup...which translates into.."Mom, I want pancakes". No big deal, I will make him some pancakes, and he will not be hungry, I am good with that. Jordan was not happy when I put the maple syrup onto the table and left it there. He went right over to the garbage can and tipped it over....trash all over the floor we just cleaned..grrrr. I asked Jordan to pick it up, he said "nnoooo", at this point I ask if he wants time out, and this translates to game on. I count to three, he still hasn't picked up his mess (Of course, I already had half cleaned up because I kept saying "Jordan help mom clean up the mess" as I am picking stuff up). Jordan is laughing and running away as I am chasing him to place him into time-out. This lasts about a minute, then I sit him into his time-out chair, and explain to him that I am making his pancakes, he just needs to be patient while I make them. When his minute and a half time-out is served, I let him down, he helps me clean up, I go back to his pancake making, where he dumps out the garbage again, and we repeat everything over again. Only when he is done with time-out, I put him into the highchair where he happily ate 2 pancakes with syrup. It's only 8:30 in the morning at this point. When he was done eating he very happily came over and helped pick the trash off the floor and put it back into the garbage can.

Jordan is back to being a sweet little helper again, he helps me unload the dishwasher. (He stands on the dishwasher door while its open and hands me all of the dishes. It isn't good for the dishwasher door, but have learned, once the dishwasher is unloaded, he will stay away from it) About an hour and a half later he is yawning and rubbing his eyes, so I know that he is getting tired. Jordan loves hot dogs so I make him a hot dog and fries for his lunch. While I am getting his lunch ready, he is playing with the #10 food storage can. he grabs the black beans by the lid and the lid falls right off dumping beans at his feet. To top it off, Jordan though it was great and before I could take the can away to save what didn't fall out, Jordan manages to dump the can upside down to finish the job. I told him he needed to help me pick them up and put them back into the can (good thing we just mopped the floor). Jordan took the lid, filled it with beans, and dumped them back into the can. He is so helpful for about three or four rounds of dumping beans back, when he discovers how fun it is to throw them across the kitchen, so I take the lid away and we use our hands. Again, he helped put some in the can and then started throwing them again. I decided to just put him into his highchair, and let him eat his hot dog (or as he says "dogdog) so I can clean up the rest of the beans. He seems to be eating while I finish cleaning his black beans mess, when I look over the see all of the fries and hot dog on the floor and our dog Cooper, in heaven with the great lunch. He usually eats his dogdog, but not this time. I was so frustrated at this point, I decided we were just going to have a nap and start over.



Nap time was great, it lasted about 2 hours for Jordan...I enjoyed the rest myself, I needed it today. Another good thing is that Karson comes home from work about two in the afternoon, which I was grateful for, because I was ready for some help with Jordan.

Lately, Jordan will randomly strip down to his birthday outfit. It happens so quickly. I was working on something and Karson was telling me about his day, when we had a streaker come sit in the chair by Karson. I laughed, went to grab a new diaper and find where he dropped his shorts, picked Jordan up, laid him on the island in the kitchen to get him dressed when Karson yells, "he pooped on the chair!". Yes, it is true, Jordan pooped on the chair, at least Karson was nice enough to clean that up while I finished dressing Jordan.

I was making a texas sheet cake (I needed chocolate), so Karson popped some popcorn and he and Jordan went into the bedroom, ate popcorn, and watched cartoons. I sneak into the computer room to try and read emails, and about five minutes in, I hear Jordan calling "mmoooommm" while walking through the house. I find him and he has my foundation (make-up) all over his hair, shirt, face, back door, and wall. Karson accidentally fell asleep in the bed, and within 2-4 minutes, Jardan went into the bathroom, dumped out the whole bottle of foundation on the bathroom floor, tried some out on him, threw the bottle of foundation in the trash in the kitchen, and tried to find me. I am speechless...so I just laugh, Karson and the other hand was not so happy.

The day is winding down and we take Jordan outside to play in the water and use up some of the last of his energy. Karson decides to work on a bottle rocket launcher and has it all set up by the time Jordan and I get out there. Karson is using pvc pipes to create a launcher, and has the purple primer stuff and the cement glue to put his launcher together. Jordan was curious as to what daddy was doing, so he tries to grab the purple primer. Karson says "not for little boys" and pushes the primer a little further on the table. Jordan sees this as no challenge. Within 2 seconds, he does an extra quick reach and has no problem dumping the purple primer all down Karson, the table, and the floor. Karson was sitting so his lap was full of purple primer, it covered him from about mid tummy to about mid thigh...so Karson was pretty well stained purple, and I tried to scrub the purple off the table as much as possible, needless to say, Jordan left his mark.

The funny thin is that Jordan was just having fun and was totally oblivious to all of the things he did...he was just being Jordan, he just wears me out some times more than others. Gotta love the little guy.





1 comment: