Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vegas BABY!


When I was first hired to work for Clark County School District, I thought I was so cool! I was teaching in LAS VEGAS! Well, I fortunately was assigned to teach in Mesquite, which is 89 miles northeast of Vegas. The first few years, I loved going to meetings in Las Vegas, however, as my experience has increased, and after nine years of teaching, I can honestly tell you, my point of view has changed. I didn't get to go to Vegas, I HAD to go to Las Vegas for a science department meeting today, and I wasn't too excited and there is no party here tonight. Here, is the short story long as to why I wasn't so excited.

Left my house at 6:35 this morning and pulled into the driveway at 7:52 this evening. 11 hours gone today. So here is the break down of my day:
Classroom preparations = 2 hours
Science Meeting = 2 hours
Department of Education = 1 hour
DRIVE TIME = 6 hours

FOREVER in the car by myself... sigh...although I laughed when I saw this sign posted at the Nevada Department of Education.



No comments:

Post a Comment