So yesterday was the 1 month check up and circumcision day for Jordan. He had a nice relaxing day. He officially now weighs 8lbs 15oz. He is a big boy. Jordan had pretty bad gas all day and while Dr. Hubbard was checking everything, Jordan decided it was time to unleash, and is was a big squishy sound. That was no big deal. When the Dr. finished, he said he would have the nurse come get Jordan in a minute so we could hurry and change his diaper. I was so ready, new diaper placed under the old and Karson was in charge of handing me the wipes. I cleaned him up, removed the old diaper and has a clean wipe in my hand when all of the sudden a surge of green poo fills my hand. It was hilarious. so Karson is cleaning me up the nurse walks in and just starts laughing (don't worry we were too) she states that she will be back in a minute, should be plenty of time to clean up. So Karson got my hand cleaned then I cleaned Jordan and got a new diaper on him. Right before I fastened him up, he unleashed more poo! So we wait just a minute....just as we are changing him again, and cleaning him up, the nurse walks in again to see if we are ready and this is what she said "WWHHHOOOOO!!!! it stinks in here, maybe we should open the door to let it air out. When were done we need to place the diapers in the garbage out here where there is more ventaliation!" So we are down 2 diapers, we clean Jordan again and while I am cleaning all to poop off his backside he starts streaming pee everywhere. This was not just a little he unleashed everything. We covered him with the new diaper as much as we could and then assessed the damage. He got it all over his blanket and it soaked through the paper on the Dr.'s table...there was a lot. So then we get diaper number 4 as we are laughing so hard...what are the odds he waits to unleash while the Dr. is getting ready and waiting for him to do the circumcision. We get the fourth diaper on and low and behold, before I have it closed, he poops again. Now each time he unleashes a diaper full. I am thinking at this point that maybe we should reweigh him, he probably only now weighed about 8lb 10 oz, but that is just me. Finally, the fifth diaper was the charm. He couldn't stall anymore.
Then of course when we got home, we dealt with our first Jordan meltdown...he was so mad. It took almost 20 minutes to settle him down. I knew that it was going to be a rough night. At first Jordan woke up every hour. At 3:30 this morning he was wide awake and ready to see the world. It took me and hour and a half to get him settled down, but he wanted to be held, he would wake up every time I laid him down. Then at 4:30 I finally just laid him on Karson's belly where he fell asleep and by 5 poor Karson had to wake up to go to work. Jordan slept for about 20 minutes and then was really mad, so I got up, turned the fireplace on and we slept for 2 hours in the rocking chair. He was not happy with us. There was one point while he was awake that he gave a little giggle and a big smile...it was like he had the whole thing planned for violating him.
No comments:
Post a Comment